SERGEANT YORK: THE PLAY
SERGEANT YORK: THE PLAY world premiered at West Park Baptist Church in the Hub
and has been touring the state of Tennessee, ever since. Follow us on FACEBOOK.
- Pall Mall, Tennessee –– May 27, 2018 @ 3 pm central time
- Ben Atchley Veteran's Home, Knoxville, TN –– May 30, 2018 @ 2 pm
- Blount County Library in Maryville, TN –– June 4, 2018 @ 7 pm
- Elm Croft Senior Living, Knoxville, TN –– June 5, 2018 @ 6:30 pm
- Lincoln Museum on LMU campus, Harrogate, TN –– June 15, 2018 @ 7 pm
- KARM Homeless Shelter Downtown Knoxville –– June 26, 2018 @ 7 pm
- Tate & Lyle Performing Arts Center, 1470 Robertson Springs Rd. Loudon, TN –– July 1, 2018 @ 3 pm
- Alvin C. York Institute, 701 N. Main St. Jamestown, TN –– July 4, 2018 @ 2 pm Central Time
- (free BBQ lunch @ 12 Noon)
- First Baptist Church of Friendsville, 403 N. Farnum St. Friendsville, TN –– August 5, 2018 @ 3 pm
- First United Methodist Church, 1350 Oak Ridge Turnpike, Oak Ridge, TN –– August 17 @ 7:30 pm, August 18 @ 2 pm, August 18 @ 7:30 pm. Cost is $15. Proceeds go to help Puerto Rico's recovery.
- Christ Our Savior Church, 260 Wade Road W, Loudon, TN 37774 — September 16, 2018 @ 3 pm
- October 5, 2018 — The Hub at West Park Baptist Church, 8833 Middlebrook Pike, Knoxville — October 5, 2018 @ 7:30 pm
- October 21, 2018 — Dickson High School, 509 Henslee Drive, Dickson, TN — $5, no reservations needed
- November 11, 2018 — First Baptist Church of Oak Ridge, 1101 Oak Ridge Turnpike, Oak Ridge, TN — no charge, donation only
- November 16, 2018 — Park Avenue Armory, Honoring WWI Vets, 643 Park Ave. New York, NY — private event
- November 17, 2018 — 13th Street Repertory Theatre, 50 W. 13th St., New York, NY — public invited $20 Only 65 seats, Reservations on Facebook Page — https://www.facebook.com/events/318131815634692/
- December 2, 2018 — Union Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 400 Everett Road, Farragut, TN — free
Playwright Lisa Soland has been working on the
since February 2016.
Watch actor GREG HELTON's interview on WBIR...
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING ABOUT SERGEANT YORK: THE PLAY...
"Sergeant York: The Play is wonderful. Playwright Lisa Soland has really captured the heart and soul of what my great grandfather, Alvin York, was all about. She’s done extensive research, not only on Sgt. York, but interviews with the family, spending a lot of time in Pall Mall, getting to know the culture and the family and the story about the man behind the medals. This play captures Sgt. York's loyalty to God and country, and his service to the community. It's simply a wonderful play."
– Deborah York, Executive Director of the Sergeant York Patriotic Foundation
and great granddaughter of Alvin York
"If you have the opportunity, you really should check out Sergeant York: The Play.It's incredibly historically accurate, and true to the essence of Sgt. York's story. Seeing this play is a great opportunity to learn more about a true American hero."
– Joshua Waggener, Sgt. Alvin C. York State Park Manager
“Lisa Soland's wonderful new play tells the story of WWI war hero Alvin York. The play is full of folksy humor and wisdom as Sgt. York recounts his life from his boyhood on a poor Tennessee farm to his hard-drinking days and eventually the rediscovery of his faith. It was this faith that caused him much anguish when called to war, but he became America's greatest war hero though he never saw himself as such. Sergeant York: The Play is always entertaining, but is also a powerful statement on the nature of war and the power of faith.”
–– Peter Colley, Playwright/Screenwriter/Librettist
"Sergeant York: The Play is real good. A lot of that stuff the character of Alvin said in the play, I heard Daddy say all the time.”
–– Andrew Jackson York, son of Alvin York